What We’re Looking for:
At Patrice Magazine, we welcome contributions that feature and highlight the beauty and strength of women, the diversity of Caribbean culture, and issues surrounding female empowerment and female entrepreneurship in the Caribbean.
Contributions may take the form of articles, poems, and short stories.
Contributors must be able to address our target audience, and write entertaining content combined with an informative approach to the relevant subject matter. Where necessary, accompanying photos and illustrations must be of top quality.
Patrice Magazine prefers to work with writers based in the Caribbean and the diaspora, though all proposals which meet our guidelines will be considered.
It is essential for articles to be strongly written, cohesive, grammatically-correct and well-researched where necessary. We consider articles of between 500 to 1,500 words and short stories between 600 to 1,200 words. Shorter pieces may also be considered on an individual basis.
Only original works will be considered for publication. We want articles that have been written specifically for Patrice Magazine; therefore, we will not accept articles that have been featured in other magazines, blogs, or websites.
We reserve the right to reject and remove any work found to be in violation of copyright laws.
All material is subject to editing changes at the editor’s sole discretion. Major changes or rewrites will normally be discussed with the author.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Send us your pitch explaining your chosen topic. Explain the importance of this topic to you and to society. Briefly outline the content of your piece. Pitches should be no more than 300 words. Even if you have already written the article, please send us an email with your pitch first.
- Add “Pitch” in the subject heading along with the proposed title.
- If your pitch is time sensitive, please state this in the subject heading.
- Your pitch should give us a unique perspective on an issue.
- If your pitch is accepted, you will be given a deadline to write the full article.
- Once you have written the article, add 3 images which relate to your topic and state the source of your images. Provide hyperlinks where necessary. Check out our website or Instagram to get a feel for our aesthetic.
- Articles must be at least 500 words.
- If you use any statistics in your article, embed a hyperlink or state from where you sourced the information.
- Make sure to send us your bio (information about yourself including: your full name, age, country of birth, country of residence, occupation if any, etc.) with a profile image. Please include any relevant writing experience. This is to let readers know who you are, and will feature alongside your article and any future articles.
Send all queries, pitches and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Patrice Magazine!